Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Down Dog in Delhi

Namaskar!
Namaste!
Hello to everyone from Delhi!

So we're here, we're alive and we're practically unscathed, despite a harrowing car ride from the airport to the hotel. The fact that we needed a push-start (Little Miss Sunshine style) to get the car moving in the first place, should have been an indication of what the 30 minute journey would entail, but until you're having the experience I don't think you can really understand. Luckily, our trusty driver Sanjay was adept at what Bart would describe as the "whip and weave" and what he lacked in volume of voice he made up for with honking.

It's nearly 11 p.m. in Delhi, and despite my best intentions, I am not tired in the least. Bart, of course, is exhausted and by the time I finish typing this entry I suspect he'll be off in dreamland. And while it's probably best for me to try to get to bed sometime soon, I think I've got just enough energy to unroll my mat and do my first practice on Indian soil (or tile, and we're on the 4th floor, but it counts anyway).

I hope you all are enjoying your afternoons over there in the Western Hemisphere, and once we get out tomorrow and have a chance to really look around I'm sure I'll have more to write, but for now, good night, sweet dreams, and we'll be talking again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment