Friday, August 13, 2010

The Final Countdown

We're entering into the last few days before we hop a plane for the other side of the world. And while all this excitement is mentally preparing us for our trip, life seems to get in the way of the physical preparation. Lists are being made, and oh so slowly things are being checked off, although every time I finish one thing, there is suddenly a new addition to be made. And whether it is something new on the to-do list, the to-pack list, the to-see/call list or the to-buy list, there just seems to be a never ending supply of chores, necessities and sudden realizations.

Luckily for me, I can be flexible! (Ha ha, there's a little, not so witty, yoga humour for you!)



So, every day for the next four days I'm just going to begin in the morning and work to check as many things off of as many lists as is humanly possible, creating space for the countless other things that will be penciled onto the end, in the tiniest writing, so that I don't have to add another page of paper and thereby make myself crazy.

In the midst of all the listing and the packing and the prepping and goodbye-ing I'm trying to remember the inspiration behind this whole thing, and making a single word one of my top priorities: breathe. And every day when I complete my practice and can cross off today's "breathe" and add another one for tomorrow, lists become much more friendly, packing much more manageable and the excitement of departure overtakes the insanity of preparation.

We're in the final countdown, let the games begin!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Beautiful! Miss you. Can't wait to read your adventures. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete